The Human Resources Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all daily human resources activities, such as employment, training and development, performance management and employee relations. This position ensures that all human resources and related programs support the company's goals, policies, and objectives within the appropriate regulations and generally accepted standards of sound human resource management practices.
This Human Resources Manager position will be supporting our Distribution Center in Dover, NH. The schedule is Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm. The pay rate for this position starts at $58,000 annually based on experience.
The Human Resources Manager will:
- Maintain company staff by establishing recruiting, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Manage employee relations issues, concerns or disputes
- Management of worker's compensation claims and proactive prevention of work-related incidents
- Recommend, develop and schedule training and development courses
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records
- Participate in various groups (Health & Wellness, FRESK) within the company to improve the company morale or enhance employee wellness
- Act as company advocate in the community
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA in Human Resources Management (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality and providing a positive company image
- Must have the following skills: ability to multi-task, time management, detail oriented
- Ability to walk up/down flights of stairs and be able to sit for the long periods of time
- Travel independently to offsite locations