The Hospital Human Resources Director (HRD) is responsible for strategic workforce plan, as well as the day-to-day HR Operations within a hospital. He/she focuses on the acquisition, development and culture of the best talent, critical drivers to achieve Tenet's goal of becoming the best place to work in health care. The HRD proactively works with hospital leadership to manage the people metrics with the expected outcomes of minimal turnover, effectively managed SWB expense, high employee engagement, high quality patient care, and excellent experiences for all patients, visitors, physicians and employees.
RESPONSIBILITY/STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Develop and execute HR strategies, programs and initiatives that directly align with the hospital business plans and strategies.
- Champion the journey toward the 'best place to work in health care' by fostering a high performance culture focus that delivers high quality patient care and excellent patient experience.
- Be a valuable business partner and high performing member to the Hospital A-Team, including problem-solving, decision support and leadership development.
- Deliver core HR services including recruiting, employee relations, employee health/safety, employee learning/development, and HR legal/regulatory compliance.
- Drive efficiency in overall HR operations, including implementation of HR enterprise services, oversight of salary/wages/benefits (e.g., labor standards/staffing, contract labor, overtime, premium pay), and performance on HR operations scorecard/metrics.
- Design and implement a one to three- and three-to-seven-year workforce plan based on local and national trends and projections.
Responsible for day-to-day operations that drive low turnover, high retention, and efficient SWB within the hospital to include:
- Deliver sound selection, onboarding, and orientation activities to create positive new employment experience and reduce first-year turnover.
- Foster high employee engagement through the development of strong HR programs and team execution of engagement action plans.
- Establish effective employee recognition programs.
- Deliver timely and informative internal communications to employees.
- Oversee overall pay and labor staffing seeking opportunities to improve productivity.
- Deliver on HR KPIs and metrics.
Responsible for day-to-day operations that minimize and mitigate employer risk to include:
- Ensure compliance with all HR regulatory requirements, employment law, and Joint Commission HR standards.
- Respond to EEO complaints and prepare position statements.
- Facilitate the company's defined FTP process.
- Direct overall employee health and occupational safety with significant input from the employee Health Nurse, Nursing, Infection Control and Infectious Disease to ensure that employees have confidence that they are provided a safe workplace.
- Ensure proper planning, response and reporting to the following agencies with respect to employee health and occupational safety: Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, other federal, state and local agencies.
Responsible for strategic workforce planning for the hospital to include:
- Project workforce gaps considering current staff, local labor market, and national healthcare statistics, trends, and projections.
- Develop workforce strategies, including full-time/part-time/per diem mix, staffing models, and education strategies/partnerships to prepare workforce for the future.
- Participate and execute on Tenet-wide leadership development programs including talent mapping, succession planning, emerging talent programs, leadership academies, and other Tenet leadership development programs.
- Implement Tenet HR enterprise shared services.
- Deliver leadership education and development, inclusive of transitional leadership training, general leadership effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, and labor relations and employee relations.
- Experience of at least 5 to 7 years in a top HR leadership position.
- Hospital experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of driving high organizational performance and high employee engagement.
- BS degree in Business, HR Management or related field strongly recommended.
- Master's degree or SPHR preferred.
El Paso, Texas
Tenet Executive Search